For the latest information about Coronavirus please see our page under Key Information.
Welcome to St. Wulstan’s Roman Catholic Primary School. We are an extremely welcoming and friendly school at the heart of our community in Great Harwood, Lancashire.
At St. Wulstan’s, our mission is to be a happy, caring and compassionate Catholic community where each child’s gifts are developed to the full and the foundations for lifelong learning are laid down. With God’s help, we will educate our children to live safely and responsibly, to care for His wonderful creation and to live their lives through the example of Jesus and the values of the Gospel.
Lessons are based on an exciting and enriched curriculum that enables the children in our care to become passionate about learning, achieve well and make good progress. The school community has a relentless desire for continuous improvement and to offering the best possible educational opportunities for our children so that every child can achieve their best. The school is well supported by a professionally focused governing body.
Staff are fully committed to providing children with a very broad learning experience, packed with exciting activities, new challenges and long-lasting memories. All staff are role models of positivity, good manners, making the right choices and use the language of learning. Surrounding this, educating our children to be good people, who have a strong sense of moral purpose and a commitment to using their gifts and talents to create peace in our world, and to act compassionately to those in need, is our highest priority.
We value highly our strong relationship with parents and the community. I hope that you will enjoy browsing our web pages and find the information contained in them useful and informative. If you would like to visit the school, or email firstname.lastname@example.org you are more than welcome.
Miss Fiona Hadfield
What's happening at St. Wulstan's?
Latest School News
- On Monday 30th November, the children are invited to wear something purple to school to celebrate the start of advent
- Congratulations to this year's appointed St. Wulstan’s Anti Bullying Ambassadors. After lots of applications and a rigorous interview process, Ethan, Sebastian, Sienna, Aurora, Miri and Lewis will be joining Harry and Bartek supporting and helping children at break times and lunchtimes if they are encountering any friendship difficulties. Thank you to all those who applied and we were very impressed with all the candidates
- As the temperatures start to change, please could you ensure that your child has a suitable coat to wear whilst playing outside. We are also encouraging the children to wear vests and layer up!
- Closing date for Primary School applications is 15th January 2021
- We are currently collection food donations for our local foodbank and a donation box can be found outside the main entrance - thank you in advance for your usual generosity towards our local community
- If you any have any board games that are no longer of use, we are collecting them for use at 'wet playtimes
- We are pleased to announce our Junior Leadership Team from Year 6 who will be taking an active role in helping to work alongside Miss Hadfield to look at how we can further develop and improve St. Wulstan’s. After successful application forms and a rigorous interview, well done to the following children for taking on extra responsibilities and being such positive role models in the school!
Head Boy: Alfie
Head Girl: Chloe
Senior Prefects: Jaydon, Annabelle, Grace, Bethan
- https://www.net-aware.org.uk/ Keeping Children Safe Online