St. Wulstan’s Junior Leadership Team
The Head Boy and Head Girl at St. Wulstan’s R.C. Primary School play a vital role in the life of the school. They are the pupils ‘public face’ of the school representing the school in a number of public situations. They may be required to speak to groups of parents, children and teachers (with support).
Some duties may be during playtime, lunchtime, after-school or evening.
Their duties include:
• Welcoming visitors to the school
• Attend public functions with school staff
• Oversee and support during School Council Meetings
• Make presentations in assembly, etc.
• Support in planning events
The Head Boy and Head Girl need to have qualities that will enable them to fulfil these demands.
The following is a list of the qualities we are looking for:
• Reliability and time management
• Initiative and Commitment
• Communication skills
• Organisation (personal and the ability to work in teams)
• Perseverance and Determination
• Humility (the role represents the school, but at the same time it represents a service to the other children)
• Responsibility and Leadership
The Appointment Process for Head Boy, Head Girl
• Anyone standing for appointment must be able to demonstrate commitment to the school and involvement in the life of the school e.g. effort to work
• Candidates need to submit an application form stating why they would like to be considered and how they believe they will best fulfil the requirements of the role
• They should make close reference to how they believe their personal profile matches the qualities outlined
• Application Forms must be received by the deadline stated on the application form
• Candidates will be shortlisted and may be required to attend an interview with the Headteacher and a Governor