Our school curriculum is continually developing with staff and governors involved in identifying not only the needs but the aspirations for all our children. We have enhanced the delivery of the statutory national curriculum with a school curriculum, enriching pupils learning experiences and developing the whole child. At St. Wulstan’s, we operate under a strong set of values, which permeate all aspects of our teaching as well as daily lives in school.
As a Catholic School, we actively promote values, virtues and ethics that shape our pupils’ character and moral perspective, through the teachings of the Church. We are confident that our continued focus on the Gospel Values will give our pupils the necessary awareness of what it means to be a good citizen in Britain today, and embed in them the building blocks of a future successful and productive life.
Following the example of Jesus and trusting God we share the Gospel Values (What Jesus said and what he told us to do)…
The Beatitudes inspire us to follow in the steps of Jesus
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven
Values: Faithfulness & Integrity
Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted
Values: Dignity & Compassion
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth
Values: Humility & Gentleness
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied
Values: Truth & Justice
Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy
Values: Forgiveness & Mercy
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God
Values: Purity & Holiness
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God
Values: Tolerance & Peace
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of slander against you because of me. Be glad and rejoice for your reward is great in heaven; they persecuted the prophets before you in the very same way
Values: Service & Sacrifice
The family of St. Wulstan’s Roman Catholic Primary School follows in the footsteps of Christ and is built on the teachings and traditions of the Catholic Church. Our vision is that St. Wulstan’s will be a faith filled Catholic learning community of hope, joy and wonder where all our welcome and inspired to grow to their potential. Jesus Christ, our greatest teacher, calls us to share and witness to our Catholic Faith and Tradition, build inclusive communities and deliver contemporary quality learning opportunities for every person.Through creating a stimulating learning experience, our children will become confident, independent and resilient with a social conscience for their journey through life. They will develop skills alongside knowledge to equip them to thrive in an increasingly complex and changing world.Our school will be a place where all learners are happy and safe in a stimulating environment where the values of Jesus Christ are at the centre of everything we do.
As a Catholic School, we see Christ as the foundation of all our educational efforts. We are a community whose aims and work are inspired by the vision of the Gospel. Our Mission is to bring the children to know, love and serve God in their hearts and minds.
We are committed to improving the quality of the educational provision for all our children which will enable them to reach their full potential and attain the levels of knowledge, understanding and skills that society demands for their future lives. High quality education at St. Wulstan’s Roman Catholic Primary School will be achieved by:
- positive, caring and clearly focused leadership from the senior leadership team
- the whole staff team working together to do its best for our children’s confidence and well being
- the whole staff team having high expectations of our children’s social, behavioural and academic performance
- well planned, exciting and challenging teaching that develops lively, enquiring and open minds in our children
- creating stimulating and attractive learning environments in which our children can take a pride
- fostering a calm, secure and purposeful working atmosphere that nurtures a positive esteem and self-image in all our children
- promoting respect for other people and their property within school and within the wider community
- working professionally in partnership with parents, governors and the local community to enrich opportunities for our children
At St. Wulstan’s, we strive to offer a broad and balanced curriculum which gives all our pupils the opportunity to succeed in many different aspects of learning areas. Our mission statement, ‘Believe to Achieve: Love God, Love Learning, Love One Another’ is at the heart of everything we do.
We provide a range of learning experiences to develop self-esteem and life skills. Our curriculum endorses our motto ‘Believe to Achieve’ by our commitment to provide exciting learning experiences, filled with rich first-hand purposeful experiences.
This statement sets out the principles underpinning the curriculum and reflects the school’s commitment to developing all aspects of our pupils’ lives.
We seek to:
- Guide our children to a more active and personal faith in Jesus Christ
- Develop a safe, secure and nurturing environment, in which each child is valued and enabled to grow in self-esteem and self confidence
- Build an inclusive community which welcomes diversity encouraging respect and tolerance towards others
- Offer each child a broad, balanced curriculum using a variety of approaches and methods, which meet the requirements of the National Curriculum, set in the context of our belief that Christ is at the centre of our learning and development
- Provide opportunities for personalised learning, enabling each individual to develop their full potential and to reach for the highest possible standard in all that they do
- Prepare children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life
- Foster in children a love of learning for life
We will continually strive to achieve the school’s aims through the curriculum and through all the other experiences offered to our children. High quality education will raise the children’s standards of attainment, enabling them to:
- learn and develop social skills, which encourage positive and caring interactions between their peers as well as adults
- treat everyone in an equally respectful manner, irrespective of gender, race or disability
- develop their use of English and Maths which provide the foundation for all their other learning
- develop personal and moral values that are respectful of others, leading to their appreciation and toleration of other religions and other ways of life
- learn in a safe, nurturing and secure environment
LONG TERM CURRICULUM PLANS
Click on each year group to see our long-term curriculum plans